Hey Pal! Thanks for starting this blog. You rule.
I needed an idea for a first post, then I heard Jeff Foxworthy and Larry the Cable Guy do a bit called “I Believe”. That seemed like a good way to kick things off:
- I believe…the world will be a kinder, better and more rational place as soon as we free ourselves of all supernatural beliefs.
- I believe…that P.T. Anderson is probably the best movie director working today. I’ll let you know for sure once I’ve seen the Master.
- I believe…this is the one and only time I will derive artistic inspiration from the Blue Collar Comedy Tour.
- I believe…that Bloom County is the best comic strip ever.
- I believe…if you don’t vote, don’t complain. (courtesy of Steve Earle)
- I believe…Armageddon is the worst movie ever made.
- I believe…that if you put the entire catalogue of Bob Dylan in one spaceship, and the entire catalogue of the Beatles in another spaceship, and the entire catalogue of the Rolling Stones in a third spaceship, and you launched them in three different directions, and they were all retrieved by intelligent alien races someday, the alien race that received the Dylan catalogue would be the most eager to meet humankind and learn from us.
- I believe…most people talk too much.
- I believe…I don’t watch enough TV to declare what is the best show on TV right now. Nevertheless…
- I believe…Breaking Bad is the best show on TV right now.
- I believe…partisan politics is silly. One’s views should not be pre-packaged and permanent.
- I believe…only comedians should tweet. As for the rest of you, I don’t care what you just ate, or who you just saw.
OK, that’s enough for now. Let the discussion begin!